Pre-Made Inductive Loops - Various Sizes
Our range of pre-made loops have been time tested and comes with 12 years warranty. Our loops are suitable for all types of installations. Either for cut-in, concrete pour or direct hot asphalt overlay. Entire loop and lead is filled with a flexible rubber mixture to prevent moisture from entering the loop wires. This prevents any movement of wires which can lead to false activation. It also prevents wires from stress thus extending its life time. When the pre-made loops are used for cut-in installations, 45 degree edge cut-outs are not required.
Pre-made loop sizes
- Loop1200 : 1.2 x 1.2 metres -- 3 metres Lead-in plus 3 metres twisted wire.
- Loop1500 : 1.5 x 0.8 metres -- 3 metres Lead-in plus 3 metres twisted wire.
- Loop2000 : 2.0 x 1.2 metres -- 3 metres Lead-in plus 3 metres twisted wire.
The loop construction
- Outside diameter 10 mm
- Highly abrasion-resistant Nylon alloy cover.
- High tensile strength.
- Braided synthetic fibre reinforcement.
- Excellent flexibility over a wide temperature range.
- Can withstand 9500 kPa .
- Superior resistance to oil, gasoline, salt, moisture and impact.
Loop wire is 20 gauge silver coated with Teflon jacket, stranded, single conductor wire. Lead-in wires are machine twisted.
One continuous wire is used to manufacture the loop and lead-in. There are no splices.
- Cut slots 1, 2 and 3. Recommended slot width of 12 mm (½”) and a minimum depth of 30 mm (1 & ½”).
- Before cutting the final slot (side), lay out the loop in the existing slots, stretch the loop and mark the final slot as precisely as possible.
- Remove loop and cut the final slot.
- With 12 mm drill bit, drill sharp edges off the corners and drill pavement to allow for lead in joint
- Clean out the slots preferably with air hose.
- Place loop in slot and test the loop for continuity
- Fill with a suitable sealant. 3 (½”)
Concrete Pour Installation
- Attach the loop on of the re-bar at regular intervals with ties, avoid securing the loop directly on top of the cross members but rather in between. (see picture)
- Attach the lead-in the re-bar (if possible) with ties
- Test the loop for continuity
- Pump concrete over the loop