SICK W9 Miniature Photoelectric Sensor - 20mm to 200mm, 350mm Reserve - M8 4 Pin Connector - 1051885
Reliable detection for a diverse range of objects
The rugged photoelectric sensors of the W9 product family reliably detect objects and items regardless of the type or quality. The W9 achieves high sensing ranges thanks to the PinPoint LED and laser technology. The portfolio contains photoelectric proximity sensors with excellent background suppression, photoelectric retro-reflective sensors with autocollimation optics and through-beam photoelectric sensors. The W9 thereby offers the right principle of operation for any detection task.
Precise detection of small objects and object features. Reliable for use in harsh industrial environments: The W9 photoelectric sensor family offers a wider range of solutions than ever before. It is a complete product family, including photoelectric proximity sensors as well as photoelectric retro-reflective sensors and through-beam photoelectric sensors. All sensors are equipped with the latest laser and LED technology, protected by a rugged VISTAL® housing – for even stronger mechanical resistance. The W9 range works using SICK´s SIRIC® technology; optical and electromagnetic interference is effectively suppressed in any environment. With the addition of various connection, mounting and sensing options, the W9 sensor family is the ideal solution for a variety of application needs in the automation environment.
- Rugged VISTAL™ housing
- PinPoint LED or laser
- Photoelectric proximity sensor with sensing range of up to 800 mm
- Photoelectric retro-reflective sensors with autocollimation optics
- Through-beam photoelectric sensors with sensing ranges of up to 60 m
- SIRIC technology
|Functional principle||Photoelectric proximity sensor|
|Functional principle detail||Background suppression|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||12.2 mm x 49.8 mm x 23.6 mm|
|Housing design (light emission)||Rectangular|
|Sensing range max.||20 mm ... 350 mm 1)|
|Sensing range||20 mm ... 200 mm 2)|
|Type of light||Visible red light|
|Light source||PinPoint LED 3)|
|Light spot size (distance)||Ø 4.5 mm (75 mm)|
|Wave length||650 nm|
|Adjustment||Potentiometer, 5 turns|
- 1) Object with 90% remission (based on standard white, DIN 5033).
- 2) Object with 6% remission (based on standard white, DIN 5033).
- 3) Average service life: 100,000 h at TU = +25 °C.
|Supply voltage||10 V DC ... 30 V DC 1)|
|Ripple||< 5 Vpp 2)|
|Current consumption||30 mA 3)|
|Switching output||NPN 4)|
|Switching mode||Light/dark switching 4)|
|Output current Imax.||≤ 100 mA 5)|
|Response time||< 0.333 ms 6)|
|Switching frequency||1,500 Hz 7)|
|Connection type||Male connector M8, 4-pin|
|Housing material||Plastic, VISTAL®|
|Optics material||Plastic, PMMA|
|Ambient operating temperature||–40 °C ... +60 °C|
|Ambient temperature, storage||–40 °C ... +75 °C|
|UL File No.||NRKH.E181493|
- 1) Limit values when operated in short-circuit protected network: max. 8 A.
- 2) May not exceed or fall below Uv tolerances.
- 3) Without load.
- 4) Q = light switching.
- 5) At and above Tu 50 °C, a max. load current of Imax. = 50 mA is permitted.
- 6) Signal transit time with resistive load.
- 7) With light/dark ratio 1:1.
- 8) A = VS connections reverse-polarity protected.
- 9) B = inputs and output reverse-polarity protected.
- 10) C = interference suppression.
Connection Type: M8 4pin